1) Stonewall Democrats was the first national organization to invest in the program which ultimately defeated Rick Santorum.
2) We have over 120 chapters across the country.
3) Stonewall Democrats organized on-the-ground early in the presidential states of New Hampshire, Nevada and South Carolina. The result was better positions from our Democratic candidates.
4) Our "Pride In The Party" program recruited over 400 delegates and participant to the Democratic National Convention.
5) Stonewall Democrats has a higher percentage of members who are veterans of the armed forces than the general U.S. population.
6) Our "Transgender Americans for Obama" group resulted in a national blogger push which raised enough money to become the 7th largest Obama supporter group on ActBlue during the 2008 election cycle.
7) Our office staff and interns participate in a softball league in Washington, DC.
8) Each summer, our interns participate in an intern talent show. It earns rave reviews.
9) Stonewall Democrats maintains growing chapters in Canada, the Netherlands and the United Kingdom to serve LGBT & allied Democrats who are working abroad.
10) We've recently discovered the joys of Sham-Wow and the Snuggie!
11) We have a really cool live-monitor map showing the position of every aircraft currently flying in the United States in the lobby of our building (our offices are located in the National Air Traffic Controllers Association building).
12) Apart from our personal offices, we share common areas of an office suite with other organizations such as the National Coalition for LGBT Health, the National Center for Transgender Equality, Out for Work and The Task Force. This reduces cost, builds coalition work, and ensures that part of our rent is used to help other LGBT organizations.
13) We consider our local Carribou Coffee our second office location.
14) The common name of our organization has evolved from the National Stonewall Democratic Federation (1998) to National Stonewall Democrats (2001) to Stonewall Democrats (2007). Although our main member entity is still "National Stonewall Democrats" we are branded simply as "Stonewall Democrats" to better reflect our membership across the country.
15) Stonewall Democrats recently helped elect Ray Buckley as President of the Association of State Democratic Chairs and as Vice-Chair of the Democratic National Committee (he is also the openly-gay Chair of the New Hampshire Democratic Party). This makes him the highest openly-gay party official in Democratic Party history.
16) Dave Noble, the former Executive Director of Stonewall Democrats, is now the White House Liaison at NASA.
17) StonewallDemocrats.org was relaunched this year with expanded content including video, audio and breaking LGBT political stories that are updated several times each day.
18) Although we always talk about going somewhere new, our work lunches always take place at either a) our local Thai restaurant or b) our local Ethiopian restaurant.
19) During his chapter visits, our Executive Director Jon Hoadley has been to more than 28 states.
20) Stonewall Democrats has been featured on CNN, FoxNews, CBS News, NPR, Sirius XM, the BBC, the CBC and in outlets like the Associated Press, The New York Times, Rolling Stone, Reuters, The Advocate and in countless local media outlets across the country.
21) Some of our office computers are older than some employees.
22) Our 2008 Capitol Champions event honored Carol and Don Fowler of South Carolina for their work with the South Carolina Democratic Party and John Wilhelm, President of UNITE HERE.
23) Cleve Jones (featured recently in "Milk") presented John Wilhelm, President of UNITE HERE, with our Capitol Champion award in 2008. Cleve now works with UNITE HERE to promote their "Sleep With The Right People" campaign which encourages LGBT travelers to choose employee-organized hotels.
24) Chrissy Gephardt, the openly-gay daughter of former Democratic Leader Dick Gephardt, served as the Electoral Outreach Director for the Stonewall Democrats during the 2004 election cycle.
25) Stonewall Democrats recently launched our "Campaign Corps" a network of individuals willing do donate a weekend to travel to volunteer for crucial campaigns, or to host campaign volunteers for a weekend.