Stonewall Democrats and Pride At Work (AFL-CIO) recently launched SharedAgenda.org to build support for the Employmnet Non-Discrimination Act and the Employee Free Choice Act. Join our campaign by submitting a video that explains to Americans why we need to quickly pass both pieces of pro-equality legislation.
1. Video must be no more than four minutes.
Video must explain why the passage of the Employee Free Choice Act and
being a member of a labor union is important to lesbian, gay, bisexual,
and transgender workers.
3. Video may have multiple people in it, but gift certificate can only be awarded to one person.
4. Be Creative! Judges will be on the look-out for people who tell their story in creative or unusual ways.
5. All entries must be received via email at jbishop[at]aflcio.org by 5pm EST on Monday, May 15th. Entries should be posted to You Tube
with the link sent to email address above. Email should also contain
information on contact person and beneficiary of gift certificate if
your entry wins.
6. A Panel of Judges will review the submissions and announce the winner on Wednesday, May 27th.
All entries may be posted on the SharedAgenda.org, Pride At Work, and
Stonewall Democrats websites. Entries may also be displayed on
different online media venues (i.e. blogs, social networking sites) and
become the shared property of you, Pride At Work and Stonewall
8. Staff and immediate family members of Pride At Work
and National Stonewall Democrats are not eligible to win this contest,
but are free to submit videos.
If You Win- You'll Receive:
Place: A $400 UNITED Airlines Gift Certificate. A Complimentary
One-Year membership in Pride At Work, Pride At Work Coffee Mug, and a
National Stonewall Democrats Pin.
Second Place: Two Pride At Work
T-Shirts, A Pride At Work Mug, Complimentary One-Year Membership To
Pride At Work, National Stonewall Democrats Pin, and A Pride At Work
Bumper Sticker. Both winners will also receive the fame and notoriety
associated with creating a viral web sensation.
Need some talking
points to get the creative juices flowing? Check out our Employee Free
Choice Act Fact Sheet For The Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender
Community right here.